We are excited to announce our fourth annual Zane Fisher Personal Award Bursary. Our bursary is different than others. Zane believed that when you are your best self, you benefit your community. This creates a culture of kindness for yourself and others. Our bursary captures this by awarding $1,000 to help achieve a goal that will help one be their best self. Academic achievement and financial need are not important. This bursary is about a youth who has a goal (personal, academic, or professional). It can be for themselves or a community project.
The bursary is open to young adults (ages 18-30) who live in YYC or surrounding area. We have kept it simple to apply. We are accepting applications up to the end of May with the selection committee choosing the recipient in June.
We would be happy to answer any questions. We are grateful for the past help you have given us to promote this opportunity. If you could share this with the youth you are connected to, we can award another applicant with a little help to achieve their goal!
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Be a resident of Calgary and area.
- Identify a goal they wish to accomplish.
- Identify the desired outcome of this goal.
- Identify the skill and any assets needed to achieve this goal.
- Display how this skill can enhance their life and that of their community.
- Currently volunteer or will volunteer within the year.
- Be willing to update us on how the bursary impacted their goal.
- Applications are open January 22, 2024 and close May 31, 2024.
- Finalists will be interviewed in June 2024.
- The chosen applicant will be notified by phone in August 2023.
- The bursary awarded mid-June 2024.
- Cheque presented to the winning applicant June 2024.
- Permission to use applicant’s likeness on approved media channels.
What do you care about? What is your passion, the mark you want to leave in your community? Let us know. Submit a letter, proposal, art project…be you! Tell us your goal and how could $1,000 help?
Email your completed application to email@example.com.