The Zane Fisher Personal Development Bursary was created to honour the compassion Zane had for living your best life and sharing that with others. This bursary is not based on scholarship but rather the desire to personally grow; to develop new skills that will empower the individual and that will have an impact on themselves and perhaps their community.
This annual bursary awards a young adult $1,000 to support achieving a goal they have identified as important to their personal or professional growth.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Be a resident of Calgary and area.
- Identify a goal they wish to accomplish.
- Identify the desired outcome of this goal.
- Identify the skill and any assets needed to achieve this goal.
- Display how this skill can enhance their life and that of their community.
- Currently volunteer or will volunteer within the year.
- Be willing to update us on how the bursary impacted their goal.
- Applications are open March 17th 2021 and close May 31st 2021.
- Finalists will be interviewed in June 2021.
- The chosen applicant will be notified by phone in July 2021.
- The bursary is given to the chosen applicant in September 2021.
- Permission to use applicant’s likeness on approved media channels.
Submit your application
What do you care about? What is your passion, the mark you want to leave in your community? Let us know. Submit a letter, proposal, art project…be you! Tell us your goal and how $1,000 could help you achieve it.
We are happy to accept applications in whatever format you feel fits best. If you prefer to hand-write your application, use the PDF as a guide and then email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication form